Government Security Clearance Attorneys
Best Lawyer for Government Security Clearance Applications in the US
Any individual who needs to gain or maintain a government security clearance will discover a rare abundance of legal acumen at The Lawscape Law Firm. We boast more than four decades of experience representing hundreds of government security clearance applicants successfully. Our in-house specialist, has established a nationally esteemed reputation as a government security clearance specialist. Get more information about how we can improve and enhance your application.
We can help achieve the government security clearance goals of civilians, active-duty members of the United States military, contractors, and employees of the government in every region across America. Lawscape possesses a great deal of experience in handling cases involving any of the government agencies who distribute security clearances at any and every stage of the security clearance process.
Knowledge, Experience and a Record of Success
Locking down a government security clearance, whether for an individual or a facility, is often rather challenging, especially in the current post-9/11 security climate. Due to the fact that gaining or maintaining one’s security clearance has such a great impact on an individual’s future, it is critical to have skilled legal counsel and knowledgeable representation when handling these types of matters. Lawscape has earned himself a wealth of experience with respect to government security clearances, to his clients’ benefit.
Which Government Agencies Issue Security Clearances?
The government issues security clearances via:
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Energy (DoE)
- Department of Justice (DoJ)
The great majority of government security clearances are issued by the DoD. They use the SF-86 application process. A person’s background and fitness for a security clearance are thoroughly investigated by the federal government’s Office of Personnel Management.
They will be reviewing matters including the applicant’s:
- Personal identifying data
- History of residences
- Military service
- Arrests on the local, state, and federal level
- Civil court actions
- History of any subversive activity
- Foreign travel, foreign personal connections
- Financial delinquencies
- Drug and alcohol involvement
- Mental health
- Prior government security clearances
Sound Representation at Every Stage of the Government Security Clearance Process
Multiple cases at every stage are handled at The Lawscape Law Firm for the government security clearance processes. The stages we handle include:
- Initial consultation
- Preparing to complete a security clearance application (Standard Form 86)
- Questions during security clearance investigation
- Preparing for hearings
- Representation at clearance hearings
- Responding to a Statement of Reasons (SOR)
- Requests to re-open hearings
- Filing appeals of adverse decisions
Call the government security clearance attorneys at The Lawscape Law Firm to talk about your government security clearance needs. We can review the details of your unique situation and make sure you fully understand all of your legal options.